Welcome to GutsyKids
We are a group of concerned parents of children and teens with varying degrees of IBD. We formed a group in order to address some of the issues below. We would love to hear from other parents to make the most of this website. Any suggestions or questions please use the ‘Contact us’ form or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our mission statement
To increase medical resources and facilities (both in-patient and out-patient) available to children living in Ireland with IBD; to raise awareness of the chronic nature of Crohn’s and Colitis and the challenges these illnesses place on young people and their families.
- Secure additional nursing resources – currently 60% of 1 nurse in Crumlin to cover 450 patients across Ireland
- Improve availability of theatre time in Crumlin for IBD patients
- Increase awareness of IBD generally, particularly in schools, to ease the burden of children living with a chronic and incurable long term illness
- Secure access for IBD patients to a long term illness card
- Raise awareness of the need for a dedicated ward for IBD paediatric patients in Crumlin or the new national children’s hospital, including en-suite facilities.
- Engage in fundraising activities to generate funds for this group’s efforts, and ultimately for making specific, focused and dedicated donations to Crumlin / national children’s hospital for IBD patients
Please direct any questions or offers of assistance to Gutsykids at m: 0877690599
Request a copy of our Gutsykids ireland Constitution email@example.com
Alternatively, you can register with our IBD ‘parents in Ireland’ forum at www.crohnsforum.com to ask or answer questions, share experiences and communicate in a safe and confidential environment with parents of IBD children.
Finally, you can also check out our website at www.gutsykids.ie and firstname.lastname@example.org
Roddy Bourke ● James Crushell ● Liam Diamond ● Lisa Diamond ● Ger Farrell ● Clare Farrell ● Rachel Kane ● Ann Kennedy ● Patrick Kennedy